To book an appointment with Richard call Andrea on 09 920 6757
Fax 09 441 2759
GP’s please send referrals to RSC via healthlink (rodneysc), via CareSelect (the referrers assistant tab) or fax to 09 425 0115. We will contact your patient and arrange a suitable appointment time and location.
Qualifications: MB ChB (Otago); FRACS; ChM (Sydney)
Specialty: General Surgeon
Richard is a New Zealand trained General Surgeon who spent two and a half years at the Sydney Cancer Center specialising in Melanoma and Head and Neck surgery. Most of his time was spent at the Sydney Melanoma Unit, the largest treatment and research facility for melanoma in the world.
During his time in Sydney he completed a Master of Surgery in Surgical Oncology at the University of Sydney. As a Surgical Oncologist Richard assesses and treats all forms of melanoma, skin and head/neck cancer.
Richard has published in numerous academic journals, is a regular presenter at international conferences and is actively involved in research and clinical trials. He is also a Senior Lecturer at the University of Auckland.
Richard works in the multidisciplinary Melanoma Unit team, Waitemata District Health Board (Northshore and Waitakere), and is part of the Auckland Regional Head and Neck Service group with an appointment at Auckland City Hospital.
Private patients are seen at the Waitemata Specialist Centre, 15 Shea Terrace, Takapuna or at the Rodney Surgical Centre.
- Skin Cancer:
- Basal cell carcinoma (BCC)
- Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)
- Merkel cell carcinoma
- Head & Neck :
- Thyroid, Parathyroid, Parotid, Submandibular, Neck Lumps
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Mouth, Throat, Skin, Neck
- All General Surgery procedures :
- Hernias, gallbladders, ingrown toe nails, lumps and bumps
Memberships and Associations
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Surgical Oncology section of RACS
- Head and Neck section of the RACS
- Australian and New Zealand Melanoma Trials Group
- Australian and New Zealand Head and Neck Society
- University of Auckland
- New Zealand Melanoma Foundation
- Melanoma Network of New Zealand
- Auckland Cancer Research Network