Welcome to Rodney Surgical
Rodney Surgical is a modern, day-stay surgery facility offering world class surgical care with the added benefit of being located in Warkworth. You can refer your patients with confidence knowing they will receive expert care from our leading team of specialists – working with the very latest technology. Better yet, your patients won’t have to travel into a busy, unfamiliar environment. We have a state of the art facility with plenty of free parking and easy access right in here in the Rodney region. What Day Stay surgery do we offer?
Your patient is in good hands
The team of specialists who work out of Rodney Surgical Centre are all experts in their chosen fields and can undertake almost any common day-stay operation and procedure you require for your patient.
You can arrange a referral via our Referrer’s Assistant, or you can give us a call on 0800 425 007 or email us at email@example.com
The Referrers Assistant
It’s a one-stop service, provided free to GPs.
Rodney Surgical’s Referrers Assistant service matches the best surgeon to meet your patient’s requirements for their surgical or endoscopy needs.
As a GP you have two options,
- send a generic referral (no specialist specified) referral to Rodney Surgical and the BestMatch process as outlined below will be followed or;
- nominate your preferred specialist and we will make the necessary arrangements to ensure your patients receive a timely appointment.
The BestMatch process is designed to remove the workload involved in arranging specialist appointments. Sometimes your first choice of specialist isn’t available or no longer does the particular procedure required. This often means ringing numerous specialists to find one that is available, is able to manage the clinical issue referred, and is able to see the patient in a timely manner. The BestMatch process at Rodney Surgical will ensure your patient is matched with the right specialist, in the best location and in a timely manner. Rodney Surgical liaises with all specialists providing services in the Auckland and Northland regions.
How to refer a patient?
Choose one of these options:
How does the BestMatch process work?
- Refer your patient (as above).
- Once we have received your referral, Rodney Surgical will liaise with your patient to find a consultation appointment.
- Rodney Surgical will notify you their consultation time, place and specialist.
Benefits of using the Referrer’s Assistant:
- All referrals are managed by healthcare professionals – confidentiality is a priority.
- If the specialist is unavailable we will source an alternative and correspond with you and the patient directly.
- It is an efficient use of a GP’s time as it avoids patients coming back to you when they cannot get an appointment.
- We work with your patient to find the most convenient solution for them providing tailored customer service.
Supporting GPs with Continuing Medical Education
With a continued commitment to support GPs, Rodney Surgical holds regular presentations on the latest treatments and procedures. The CEO will let you know when a specialist has information to present. If you have any area of interest you would like a specialist to present please let us know.
Our presentations are held at Rodney Surgical Centre and promise to be relevant and informative. Our CME presentations can also contribute towards your MOPS Points.