Mr Bill Farrington
BBBS (London), FRCS (Eng), FRCS (Tr & Orth), FRACS
Year of first medical qualification: 1992
Special Clinical Interests
- Hip resurfacing
- Hip and Knee Arthroscopy
- Hip and Knee Replacements
- Revision Joint Replacement
- Computer navigated surgery
I qualified in London, and have worked in the UK, Australia and South Africa before completing my specialist Orthopaedic training in the South West of England. I came to New Zealand in 2003 to pursue my interest in joint replacement surgery as a Fellow, and then as a Consultant.
At this time I also developed an interest in computer navigation surgery. In 2006, I spent a further year in Australia gaining more experience in this field.
I returned to Auckland in 2007 to take up a specialist hip and knee practice. I currently work in both public and private practice in the Waitemata region.
My practice is specialised to hip and knee surgery, with an emphasis on accurate implant positioning and bone and joint preservation.
I also participate in the cover of acute trauma and orthopaedics on the on-call rota at North Shore Hospital and am actively involved with teaching, audit and research. I am currently involved in setting up a joint replacement database for all patients in the Waitemata region to improve on-going surveillance of these joint replacements.
Current membership of professional/other bodies
- New Zealand Medical Council and GMC (UK)
- New Zealand and British Orthopaedic Associations
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- CAOS (UK) (Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery)